This inaugural broadcast of IFMCA Radio celebrates the music nominated for the 2012 IFMCA Awards, and features selections by several members which represent, in their opinion, some of the best individual film, TV and video game cues from 2012.
The selections in this special 2-hour programme includes music from JOHN CARTER (Michael Giacchino), JOURNEY (Austin Wintory), SECRET OF THE WINGS (Joel McNeely), DOWNTON ABBEY (John Lunn), DOCTOR WHO (Murray Gold), CLOUD ATLAS (Tom Tykwer/Johnny Klimek/Reinhold Heil), RISE OF THE GUARDIANS (Alexandre Desplat), THE IMPOSSIBLE (Fernando Velázquez), METSÄN TARINA (Panu Aaltio), DANS LA MAISON (Philippe Rombi), TED (Walter Murphy), PARANORMAN (Jon Brion), STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (Jerry Goldsmith), LINCOLN (John Williams), SKYFALL (Thomas Newman), THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (Hans Zimmer), KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING (Grant Kirkhope), LIFE OF PI (Mychael Danna), ISABEL (Federico Jusid), ANNA KARENINA (Dario Marianelli), MOONRISE KINGDOM (Alexandre Desplat), BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD (Dan Romer/Benh Zeitlin), WIR WOLLTEN AUFS MEER (Nic Raine), and QUO VADIS (Miklós Rózsa)
Participating members include:
- Jon Broxton, Movie Music UK
- Tim Burden, Film Score Monthly/Movie Magic
- Demetris Christodoulides, Score Magacine
- Christopher Coleman, TrackSounds
- Erin Veronica Corrado, One Movie Five Views
- Paul Cote, Cinemusic
- Clark Douglas, Movie Music UK/WHIE Radio
- Oscar Flores, Film Music Site
- Florent Groult, Underscores
- Dimitri Riccio, Colonne Sonore
- Alan Rogers, Reel Music/MainTitles
- Brian Satterwhite, Nuance Music/Film Score Focus
- Erik Woods, Cinematic Sound Radio
The complete list of 2012 IFMCA Award nominees can be found HERE.
The broadcast also includes a brand new piece of music, the “IFMCA Fanfare”, which was written exclusively for the IFMCA by composer David Coscina, as well as insert bumpers and liners by voiceover artist and broadcaster Roy Hall.
NOW PLAYING: IFMCA RADIO – BEST INDIVIDUAL CUES OF 2012 – PART I
NOW PLAYING: IFMCA RADIO – BEST INDIVIDUAL CUES OF 2012 – PART II
NOTE: The shows might take a few seconds to buffer. Please be patient.